Click here to see pictures from our snowy fun today!
Category Archives: Family
Amy, over at Amy’s Finer Things hosts a Friday meme called “Finer things Friday.” This is been a strange week at the Ziegler Zoo, full of life’s ups and downs. Week’s like this make me realize the finer things in my life…. My boys.
I am talking about my husband and son of course. They are the loves of my life and make everyday worth living. Dale and I went to high school together, but didn’t start dating until we were almost out of college. God keep him in my life for all those years. I dated boys who were not right for me, but Dale was always there to listen when someone broke my heart. Our senior year of college he and I went out over Christmas break and have been together ever since.
Mark is my miracle. I always knew I wanted to be a mommy, and from the moment I saw him on that little screen I knew he was mine. A perfect blend of Dale and me. He has Dale’s eyes, which melt my heart. He makes me laugh everyday, he shows me what is important and makes me stop and realize the true “finer things”
And then there are my furry kids…. Sukey the wonder mutt and Simba the tank. They were my first children, they taught me to be a mommy.
Educate Empower Enjoy will soon be moving to http://www.educateempowerenjoy.com !! But don’t go there yet– I am stil working out all the bugs and trying to edit code to make it look presentable…. I am excited to be an “official” blogger 🙂
A – Age: 28 ( for a few more weeks)
B – Bed size: King
C – Chore you hate: cleaning bathrooms
D – Dad’s Name: Robert
E – Essential start your day item: Coffee, LOTS of Coffee
F – Favorite actor(s): Eric Dane and Patrick Dempsey
G – Gold or Silver: both
H – Height: 5-5 ish
I – Instruments you play(ed): clarinet, but trust me you are thankful I stopped
J – Job title: Mommy, wife, teacher
K – Kid(s):Mark
L – Living arrangements: our house is Johnson County
M – Mom’s name: Cindi
N – Nicknames: “boss”(from my daddy) ” Trouble” (my grandpa
O – Overnight hospital stay other than birth- pregnancy bed rest, scarlet fever and for monitoring in 7th grade
P – Pet Peeve: Wining
Q – Quotes you like:” Please don’t ask me to relax, my tension is all that is hold me together”
R – Right or left handed: Right
S – Siblings: Mike
T – Time you wake up: way to early
V – Vegetable you dislike: mushrooms
w- why run late- KIDS!!!
X – X-rays you’ve had: teeth, sinuses, knees, ankles, nose, chest, head, hands, fingers, hips,… um you name it!
Y – Yummy food you make: Crispy Confections!
Z – Zodiac: Pieces!
More and more of these silly things are going around. Being that it is Valentine’s Day, I thought I would share a little about my Valentine….
Sports. Anything sports. (except NASCAR, we are strictly an open wheel family)
1. He’s sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
2. You’re out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad? Blue Cheese or Ranch
3. What’s one food he doesn’t like? Broccoli and after our most recent round of the stomach flu, cream chees.
4. You go out to the bar. What does he order? Boulevard Wheat with a lemon.
5. Where did he go to high school? Shawnee Mission South
6. What size shoe does he wear? 10 to 10 ½
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? Historic Baseball items
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? Depends on the day, and time of year
9. What would he eat every day if he could? Anything but Chinese Food
10. What is his favorite cereal? Coco Puffs, but since he is training for his marathon is it Honey Nut Cherrios
11. What would he never wear? Top Siders (sorry Mike)
12. What is his favorite sports team? Football- 49ers, Baseball- Giants, FI- McClaren, Indy Car- either Rahal Letterman or AGR, College- Jayhawks
13. Who did he vote for? Obama
14. Who is his best friend? Me
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn’t do? Hummm, I am perfect so nothing! ( OK I can’t even type that without cracking up) He wishes I wouldn’t get so overwhelmed
16. How many states has he lived in? Three, North Carolina, California, and Kansas
17. What is his heritage? German and French
18. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what would it be? Better than Sex Cake
19. Did he play sports in high school? Track; other than that he was a Geek academic type
20. What could he spend hours doing? Running, watching King of the Hill or Sports, playing with our Son.
21. What’s something cool about him? He is an amazing husband and dad. I am so thankful God choose me to be his wife.
What about you? I would LOVE to know more about your Valentine